Samsung Electronics has joined the Open Standard for Public Transport (OSPT) Alliance, becoming the seventh company to join the association developing the Cipurse open standard for secure transit fare collection. Dojun Rhee of Samsung explained that the chipmaker expects “to play an important role in facilitating adoption of the new standard to smart card and NFC-based transportation payment eco-systems.”
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform