Samsung Electronics has joined the Open Standard for Public Transport (OSPT) Alliance, becoming the seventh company to join the association developing the Cipurse open standard for secure transit fare collection. Dojun Rhee of Samsung explained that the chipmaker expects “to play an important role in facilitating adoption of the new standard to smart card and NFC-based transportation payment eco-systems.”
- Eftpos brings Apple Pay debit payments to Australia with Rambus tokenization technology
- NFC mobile payments users triple in Poland in a year
- Apple Pay to go live in Scandinavia next week?
- Samsung Pay doubles its user base in Korea
- Dejamobile to supply Paris regional transit authority with NFC mobile ticketing technology