American Express is to invest US$100 million in digital commerce startups over the next several years. A new Silicon Valley office will fund innovative technologies in loyalty and rewards, mobile and online payments, fee-based services, security and fraud detection, and data analysis. Investments will vary in size but will focus on early-stage startups.
- India moves towards interoperable mobile wallets
- Apple issues apology to Chinese mobile wallet phishing victims
- Barclays pitches watch makers on the benefits of wearable payments
- Telecoms boss gets NFC access control chip implanted in hand
- Contactless payments overtake chip and pin in the UK