American Express is to invest US$100 million in digital commerce startups over the next several years. A new Silicon Valley office will fund innovative technologies in loyalty and rewards, mobile and online payments, fee-based services, security and fraud detection, and data analysis. Investments will vary in size but will focus on early-stage startups.
- Rambus forecasts omnichannel tokenization and ‘merchant pay’ as key trends for 2018
- Australia’s central bank explores the issue of electronic banknotes
- Gemalto rejects Atos’ bid to acquire it for €4.3bn
- Nordea switches on its open banking platform
- Ford gets patent for smartphone key case