American Express is to invest US$100 million in digital commerce startups over the next several years. A new Silicon Valley office will fund innovative technologies in loyalty and rewards, mobile and online payments, fee-based services, security and fraud detection, and data analysis. Investments will vary in size but will focus on early-stage startups.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities