Italian technology provider Reply has unveiled Hi Credits, a new service that lets consumers make purchases by scanning a 2D barcode displayed on a merchant’s mobile phone, or printed on a wide variety of promotional media, or by tapping an NFC tag. To register, consumers download an app and sign up on a participating bank’s website. They can then complete a scanned or tapped purchase by simply entering a PIN on their phone and pressing ‘OK’.
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers
- BIS reports on the potential of central bank-issued cryptocurrencies