Italian technology provider Reply has unveiled Hi Credits, a new service that lets consumers make purchases by scanning a 2D barcode displayed on a merchant’s mobile phone, or printed on a wide variety of promotional media, or by tapping an NFC tag. To register, consumers download an app and sign up on a participating bank’s website. They can then complete a scanned or tapped purchase by simply entering a PIN on their phone and pressing ‘OK’.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones