Italian technology provider Reply has unveiled Hi Credits, a new service that lets consumers make purchases by scanning a 2D barcode displayed on a merchant’s mobile phone, or printed on a wide variety of promotional media, or by tapping an NFC tag. To register, consumers download an app and sign up on a participating bank’s website. They can then complete a scanned or tapped purchase by simply entering a PIN on their phone and pressing ‘OK’.
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign
- Mastercard and Worldpay to let merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts