The lack of a “concrete European framework” for mobile payments means “the largest and most promising global m-payment initiatives are currently launched outside Europe,” according to a European Commission document that Bloomberg News has obtained. “Regulators may seek to spur mobile-phone payments,” says Bloomberg.
- ABN Amro pilots wearable payments with select customers
- Danske Bank brings Apple Pay to customers in Northern Ireland
- Dankort gets lockscreen mobile payments and Touch ID support
- Punchh brings Apple Pay to restaurant loyalty program
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain