The lack of a “concrete European framework” for mobile payments means “the largest and most promising global m-payment initiatives are currently launched outside Europe,” according to a European Commission document that Bloomberg News has obtained. “Regulators may seek to spur mobile-phone payments,” says Bloomberg.
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole