The lack of a “concrete European framework” for mobile payments means “the largest and most promising global m-payment initiatives are currently launched outside Europe,” according to a European Commission document that Bloomberg News has obtained. “Regulators may seek to spur mobile-phone payments,” says Bloomberg.
- One in 10 UK consumers have used mobile payments, survey reveals
- 25% of UK card payments now contactless
- NFC included in Nintendo Switch controller
- US bank to upgrade all ATMs for mobile withdrawals
- Australian bank offers instant digital card replacement