The lack of a “concrete European framework” for mobile payments means “the largest and most promising global m-payment initiatives are currently launched outside Europe,” according to a European Commission document that Bloomberg News has obtained. “Regulators may seek to spur mobile-phone payments,” says Bloomberg.
- Boston to introduce NFC and contactless transit ticketing
- UK challenger bank Monzo lets account holders save funds in flexible pots
- Samsung Pay goes live in Mexico
- Issuers to adopt common QR code for payments in Singapore from 2018
- Norwegian banks to form joint venture in bid to combat threat of global tech giants