Google is discussing its Wallet offering with all of the large banks, senior engineer Rob von Behren has told American Banker, but technical issues are an obstacle to moving their cards onto phones. “Most banks are not set up to do real-time issuance of a card out to a phone, but many are in the process of updating their back-end systems,” he says.
- Opal card implanted into Sydney man Meow-Meow could be deactivated by NSW authorities
- American Express goes live with Android Pay in Canada
- A biometric ring could replace your passwords, cards and keys
- Singapore banks to allow cellphone numbers for transfers
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution