Google is discussing its Wallet offering with all of the large banks, senior engineer Rob von Behren has told American Banker, but technical issues are an obstacle to moving their cards onto phones. “Most banks are not set up to do real-time issuance of a card out to a phone, but many are in the process of updating their back-end systems,” he says.
- Apple enters financial services market with privacy-first credit card
- Apple Pay expands to transit systems in the US
- Mastercard sets out vision for consumer-centric digital identities
- ING Romania to let customers withdraw cash with just their mobile phones
- SBI adds cardless mobile cash withdrawals at 16,500 ATMs across India