Google is discussing its Wallet offering with all of the large banks, senior engineer Rob von Behren has told American Banker, but technical issues are an obstacle to moving their cards onto phones. “Most banks are not set up to do real-time issuance of a card out to a phone, but many are in the process of updating their back-end systems,” he says.
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain
- Harris Poll: PayPal leads mobile payment brands, yet up-and-comers making brand equity gains
- MTN Benin and Youtap launch MoMoPay contactless payments for MTN Benin Mobile Money customers
- Meet NFC World partners at Money20/20 Europe
- Mastercard and Western Union explore digital model for refugee camps