Google is discussing its Wallet offering with all of the large banks, senior engineer Rob von Behren has told American Banker, but technical issues are an obstacle to moving their cards onto phones. “Most banks are not set up to do real-time issuance of a card out to a phone, but many are in the process of updating their back-end systems,” he says.
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups
- Vancouver commuters ‘queue down the block’ for TransLink transit ticketing wristbands
- European Central Bank switches on low cost instant payments system