Google is discussing its Wallet offering with all of the large banks, senior engineer Rob von Behren has told American Banker, but technical issues are an obstacle to moving their cards onto phones. “Most banks are not set up to do real-time issuance of a card out to a phone, but many are in the process of updating their back-end systems,” he says.
- Dutch bank Bunq finds a backdoor way to offer Apple Pay in the Netherlands
- AirAsia to enter the mobile payments market
- Apple’s Gymkit with NFC begins to gain traction
- Macy’s brings mobile self-checkout to department stores
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments