MasterCard and several Jordanian banks are working on an NFC mobile payments system. “The future is for using mobiles as debit or credit cards,” Basel Eltell, VP and regional manager at MasterCard Worldwide, has told The Jordan Times. “There are more people using mobiles than cardholders and this technology will help increase the number of users of credit and debit cards in Jordan and other places where it will be implemented.”
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole