NFC tag vendor Tagage has launched a mobile app that allows users to order custom NFC tags and stickers directly from their phones. Tagage Mobile, from Hansaprint and UPM RFID, does not require knowledge of NFC coding and allows easy upload of images and text. Content is then encoded, printed and shipped globally in small or large quantities. The free app is available now for Symbian and an Android version is expected to be available in January 2012.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents