RIM is to run a series of marketing campaigns designed to educate UK consumers on the benefits of NFC during 2012. “You will see cobranded activity with us and the mobile operators communicating how NFC can be used for things like payments and advertising,” Tim Hodkinson, the BlackBerry maker’s EMEA director of enterprise marketing, has told Marketing Week. “You won’t have to wait until the end of 2012 to see major consumer payment providers and advertisers using NFC on a mass scale.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works