RIM is to run a series of marketing campaigns designed to educate UK consumers on the benefits of NFC during 2012. “You will see cobranded activity with us and the mobile operators communicating how NFC can be used for things like payments and advertising,” Tim Hodkinson, the BlackBerry maker’s EMEA director of enterprise marketing, has told Marketing Week. “You won’t have to wait until the end of 2012 to see major consumer payment providers and advertisers using NFC on a mass scale.”
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?