Swiss mobile network operator Sunrise is to begin an NFC payments pilot in March 2012, in collaboration with Oberthur Technologies. The SIM-based NFC trial will allow participants to charge payments made with an NFC phone to their credit card account.
- Gatwick Airport installs 2,000 BLE beacons for augmented reality wayfinding
- Lotte Card introduces ‘pay with your palm’
- Debit cards set to overtake cash in 2018, three years earlier than expected
- Digital, decisive and drone-ready: American Express commissioned study shows Gen Z’s customer experience expectations
- EU agency calls for action on IoT security