Nokia may use NFC connectivity and wireless charging in future phones to eliminate external ports from the devices, the company’s head of design has hinted in an interview with The Guardian. Nokia’s flagship Lumia devices run Microsoft’s Windows Phone operating system, which does not yet support NFC but is expected to introduce the technology later this year.
- Bank issues primary school kids with NFC smartwatches that let them make payments and track pocket money
- New Little Caesars Reserve-n-Ready service transforms the way customers pick up pizza
- Mobile payment usage ‘remains low’, US debit card study finds
- Report: 2017 Mobile Payment Usage in China
- M-Pesa founder shares lessons learned from ten years of mobile money