Nokia may use NFC connectivity and wireless charging in future phones to eliminate external ports from the devices, the company’s head of design has hinted in an interview with The Guardian. Nokia’s flagship Lumia devices run Microsoft’s Windows Phone operating system, which does not yet support NFC but is expected to introduce the technology later this year.
- NFC World launches Go to Market service for innovative technology suppliers
- Google includes support for FeliCa NFC payments in Pixel 3 smartphones
- Standard Chartered unveils IoT payments platform that automatically triggers a payment when a connected product arrives at a destination
- Commonwealth Bank to test ‘smart money’ that knows what it can be spent on
- Alipay: Hackers have used stolen Apple IDs to lift funds from mobile wallets