Nokia may use NFC connectivity and wireless charging in future phones to eliminate external ports from the devices, the company’s head of design has hinted in an interview with The Guardian. Nokia’s flagship Lumia devices run Microsoft’s Windows Phone operating system, which does not yet support NFC but is expected to introduce the technology later this year.
- Serbian bank launches HCE mobile payments
- Magazine focuses on Indian demonetisation and mobile money
- Apple buys facial recognition startup
- TfL and Barclaycard to extend contactless network
- EMV card shipments grow less than 1% in 2016