Nokia may use NFC connectivity and wireless charging in future phones to eliminate external ports from the devices, the company’s head of design has hinted in an interview with The Guardian. Nokia’s flagship Lumia devices run Microsoft’s Windows Phone operating system, which does not yet support NFC but is expected to introduce the technology later this year.
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands