Nokia may use NFC connectivity and wireless charging in future phones to eliminate external ports from the devices, the company’s head of design has hinted in an interview with The Guardian. Nokia’s flagship Lumia devices run Microsoft’s Windows Phone operating system, which does not yet support NFC but is expected to introduce the technology later this year.
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service
- Blockchain mobile payments pilot to go live in Mongolia
- US credit unions to offer blockchain digital ID service
- PenFed joins US move to contactless payment cards