The upcoming NFC smartphone announced by Panasonic in late 2011 is to be called the Eluga, the company has told attendees at its Panasonic Convention 2012 in Hamburg. The device is billed as a ‘global model’ handset and is set to spearhead the company’s assault on the European smartphone market.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit