The upcoming NFC smartphone announced by Panasonic in late 2011 is to be called the Eluga, the company has told attendees at its Panasonic Convention 2012 in Hamburg. The device is billed as a ‘global model’ handset and is set to spearhead the company’s assault on the European smartphone market.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa