The upcoming NFC smartphone announced by Panasonic in late 2011 is to be called the Eluga, the company has told attendees at its Panasonic Convention 2012 in Hamburg. The device is billed as a ‘global model’ handset and is set to spearhead the company’s assault on the European smartphone market.
- Antelop to add Visa token support to white label NFC mobile wallet platform
- Japanese banks get go ahead for digital currency launch
- UK supermarket pilots self-checkout service that lets shoppers scan and pay by smartphone
- Contactless ‘beer wall’ lets students serve and pay for their own drinks
- UK consumers warm to face verification at the point of sale