Gemalto has signed a deal with Sony that will see it adding support for Sony’s FeliCa contactless card technology to its new Upteq NFC SIM technology. FeliCa chips are embedded in 346 million cards and 170 million mobile phones, including Japan’s Osaifu-Keitai mobile wallet service which is switching to NFC, “Through this agreement, we aim to collaborate closely with Gemalto to develop globally compliant solutions for the growing NFC market,” says Sony’s Izumi Kawanishi.
- iPhone NFC ticketing goes live at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium
- India sets out plans for a cash-lite society
- Monese teases Apple Pay launches in 13 European countries
- National Australia Bank goes live with Apple Pay
- TriMet rolls out NFC ticketing for iPhone users