Gemalto has signed a deal with Sony that will see it adding support for Sony’s FeliCa contactless card technology to its new Upteq NFC SIM technology. FeliCa chips are embedded in 346 million cards and 170 million mobile phones, including Japan’s Osaifu-Keitai mobile wallet service which is switching to NFC, “Through this agreement, we aim to collaborate closely with Gemalto to develop globally compliant solutions for the growing NFC market,” says Sony’s Izumi Kawanishi.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info