Gemalto has signed a deal with Sony that will see it adding support for Sony’s FeliCa contactless card technology to its new Upteq NFC SIM technology. FeliCa chips are embedded in 346 million cards and 170 million mobile phones, including Japan’s Osaifu-Keitai mobile wallet service which is switching to NFC, “Through this agreement, we aim to collaborate closely with Gemalto to develop globally compliant solutions for the growing NFC market,” says Sony’s Izumi Kawanishi.
- Apple enters financial services market with privacy-first credit card
- Apple Pay expands to transit systems in the US
- Mastercard sets out vision for consumer-centric digital identities
- ING Romania to let customers withdraw cash with just their mobile phones
- SBI adds cardless mobile cash withdrawals at 16,500 ATMs across India