Chip giant Intel has picked Giesecke & Devrient as its trusted service manager for the embedded secure elements built into its smartphone reference design (SRD), a ‘plug and play’ blueprint that handset makers can use to build Android handsets using Intel’s NFC-enabled Medfield chips.
- Six in ten Chinese consumers have experienced a mobile payments security threat
- Japanese NFC pioneer NTT Docomo to introduce QR code payments
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa