Chip giant Intel has picked Giesecke & Devrient as its trusted service manager for the embedded secure elements built into its smartphone reference design (SRD), a ‘plug and play’ blueprint that handset makers can use to build Android handsets using Intel’s NFC-enabled Medfield chips.
- Rambus forecasts omnichannel tokenization and ‘merchant pay’ as key trends for 2018
- Australia’s central bank explores the issue of electronic banknotes
- Gemalto rejects Atos’ bid to acquire it for €4.3bn
- Nordea switches on its open banking platform
- Ford gets patent for smartphone key case