Chip giant Intel has picked Giesecke & Devrient as its trusted service manager for the embedded secure elements built into its smartphone reference design (SRD), a ‘plug and play’ blueprint that handset makers can use to build Android handsets using Intel’s NFC-enabled Medfield chips.
- Opal card implanted into Sydney man Meow-Meow could be deactivated by NSW authorities
- American Express goes live with Android Pay in Canada
- A biometric ring could replace your passwords, cards and keys
- Singapore banks to allow cellphone numbers for transfers
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution