Bulgarian mobile network operator M-Tel is to begin a six month NFC payments pilot in May 2012, in conjunction with First Investment Bank, and hopes to begin commercial services this year. M-Tel is also investigating the potential for NFC public transportation ticketing.
- Mahindra Comviva adds offers and promotions to mobile money platform
- Mastercard adds bar tab feature to Qkr! mobile payments app
- Huawei includes NFC payments in new smartwatch
- China’s central bank tests digital currency for in-store payments
- NXP reveals secure element and NFC solution that speeds transaction times, increases security and supports smaller form factors