Bulgarian mobile network operator M-Tel is to begin a six month NFC payments pilot in May 2012, in conjunction with First Investment Bank, and hopes to begin commercial services this year. M-Tel is also investigating the potential for NFC public transportation ticketing.
- EBA issues opinion on strong customer authentication requirements under PSD2
- Eurosmart reports rise in smartphones with embedded secure elements
- Mastercard unveils smart mirror that lets shoppers make payments in the fitting room
- WhatsApp tests mobile payments with one million consumers in India
- Popularity of contactless payments pushes debit cards ahead of cash in the UK