Juniper Research forecasts that NFC will facilitate transactions valued at US$74bn by 2015, as the technology is increasingly used for the payment of goods instore and for transport tickets. Whilst mobile couponing still represents the smallest mobile commerce segment, the analysts add, it is demonstrating the highest growth rate.
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone