Juniper Research forecasts that NFC will facilitate transactions valued at US$74bn by 2015, as the technology is increasingly used for the payment of goods instore and for transport tickets. Whilst mobile couponing still represents the smallest mobile commerce segment, the analysts add, it is demonstrating the highest growth rate.
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards
- Researchers aim to print edible RFID tags directly on to food
- Government of Montserrat signs up for digital currency pilot
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia adds support for Samsung Pay