Juniper Research forecasts that NFC will facilitate transactions valued at US$74bn by 2015, as the technology is increasingly used for the payment of goods instore and for transport tickets. Whilst mobile couponing still represents the smallest mobile commerce segment, the analysts add, it is demonstrating the highest growth rate.
- Shell pilots RFID system that scans all the items in a shopping basket in one go
- Metro Bank lets customers open an account with a selfie
- Dutch banks ING and Rabobank begin QR code payments pilot
- ABN Amro pulls out of Dutch banks’ mobile payment venture
- Commonwealth Bank introduces chatbot that can answer 200 banking and payments questions