Google is topping up Google Wallet prepaid card accounts with an extra US$5 credit, The Verge reports. The perk is designed to compensate users for loss of service while the company searched for a solution to a hack that allowed unauthorised use of an existing prepaid card balance if someone recovered a lost Android phone without a screen lock.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay