Google is topping up Google Wallet prepaid card accounts with an extra US$5 credit, The Verge reports. The perk is designed to compensate users for loss of service while the company searched for a solution to a hack that allowed unauthorised use of an existing prepaid card balance if someone recovered a lost Android phone without a screen lock.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain