Google is topping up Google Wallet prepaid card accounts with an extra US$5 credit, The Verge reports. The perk is designed to compensate users for loss of service while the company searched for a solution to a hack that allowed unauthorised use of an existing prepaid card balance if someone recovered a lost Android phone without a screen lock.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service