Google is topping up Google Wallet prepaid card accounts with an extra US$5 credit, The Verge reports. The perk is designed to compensate users for loss of service while the company searched for a solution to a hack that allowed unauthorised use of an existing prepaid card balance if someone recovered a lost Android phone without a screen lock.
- Apple reports growth in US Apple Pay acceptance
- US credit unions report increase in mobile payment transaction volumes
- Church of England doubles donations with contactless collection plates
- Alipay gets second European e-money license
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe