A public information service accessed via NFC tags and QR codes is now available in Strasbourg, France. Strasplus “four leaf clover” stickers in civic buildings, in car parks and at transit stops provide smartphone users with links to real time and location-based transportation and “what’s on” information across the city.
- Central bank tightens rules on accepting cards and cash in Chinese stores
- Eight million merchants now accept Paytm QR payments in stores
- Facebook patent sets out how AIs could accept Messenger payments
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system