The British town of Tunbridge Wells has become the first in the UK to allow drivers to pay for their parking with an NFC mobile phone. For the service, stickers containing NFC tags have been placed at parking meters in the fifteen car parks run by the local council by solution provider PayByPhone, which also manages San Francisco’s NFC parking service.
- Six in ten Chinese consumers have experienced a mobile payments security threat
- Japanese NFC pioneer NTT Docomo to introduce QR code payments
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa