Motorola is to use fingerprint biometrics in future NFC handsets to eliminate PIN locks on mobile wallets. The Google-owned phone maker, which already builds handsets with built-in finger scanners, told Brief Mobile of the move at a presentation at the University of California in San Diego.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service