The Chinese mobile payment market is expected to be worth more than US$80bn with some 441m active users by 2015, according to new research from Kapronasia. China has already surpassed the US as the biggest smartphone market worldwide, though penetration is still less than 10% of the total 900m mobile phone users and allows plenty of room for growth, says the “Mobile Payments in China” report.
- ABN Amro pilots wearable payments with select customers
- Danske Bank brings Apple Pay to customers in Northern Ireland
- Dankort gets lockscreen mobile payments and Touch ID support
- Punchh brings Apple Pay to restaurant loyalty program
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain