The Chinese mobile payment market is expected to be worth more than US$80bn with some 441m active users by 2015, according to new research from Kapronasia. China has already surpassed the US as the biggest smartphone market worldwide, though penetration is still less than 10% of the total 900m mobile phone users and allows plenty of room for growth, says the “Mobile Payments in China” report.
- Gatwick Airport installs 2,000 BLE beacons for augmented reality wayfinding
- Lotte Card introduces ‘pay with your palm’
- Debit cards set to overtake cash in 2018, three years earlier than expected
- Digital, decisive and drone-ready: American Express commissioned study shows Gen Z’s customer experience expectations
- EU agency calls for action on IoT security