Apple has applied for a patent covering processes for gifting digital content to friends using transmission methods including NFC, according to Patently Apple. The iPhone maker’s patent application outlines a two-step confirmation process: Users can choose to give a song, for example, and then tap on a friend’s device to send a gift. A confirmation message is then sent back to the giver’s device and the gift is charged to the giver’s account.
- Australian banks set to abandon Apple Pay boycott
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands