The LG Optimus Elite is now available to pre-order from Virgin Mobile USA for US$149.99. The NFC device will begin shipping on 15 May with Google Wallet included — the first time that a US carrier other than Sprint has offered consumers a mobile phone with official support for the search giant’s NFC payments and offers service.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit