Lockitron maker Apigy has secured more than US$640,000 in pre-orders for a new version of its mobile phone operated door lock. The US$149 lock supports Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi and NFC and is due to begin shipping in March 2013.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’