Lockitron maker Apigy has secured more than US$640,000 in pre-orders for a new version of its mobile phone operated door lock. The US$149 lock supports Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi and NFC and is due to begin shipping in March 2013.
- Charity to roll out contactless donation screens following successful three week pilot
- Google’s mobile payments app has now been installed 100m times
- JCB to pilot biometric payment cards in Japan
- Royal Bank of Canada adds support for Samsung Pay
- Emirates NBD rolls out blockchain security platform that adds QR codes to physical cheques