Peter Sprogis, a co-founder of NFC pioneer MoLo Rewards, is suing Google for allegedly infringing US Patent No. 7,298,271 with Google Wallet, patent attorney Leonid Kravets reports. The patent was issued in November 2007 and describes the use of RFID technology, in tag form or integrated into a mobile phone, to issue rewards to shoppers at the same time that they make a purchase.
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments