Peter Sprogis, a co-founder of NFC pioneer MoLo Rewards, is suing Google for allegedly infringing US Patent No. 7,298,271 with Google Wallet, patent attorney Leonid Kravets reports. The patent was issued in November 2007 and describes the use of RFID technology, in tag form or integrated into a mobile phone, to issue rewards to shoppers at the same time that they make a purchase.
- ABN Amro pilots wearable payments with select customers
- Danske Bank brings Apple Pay to customers in Northern Ireland
- Dankort gets lockscreen mobile payments and Touch ID support
- Punchh brings Apple Pay to restaurant loyalty program
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain