Peter Sprogis, a co-founder of NFC pioneer MoLo Rewards, is suing Google for allegedly infringing US Patent No. 7,298,271 with Google Wallet, patent attorney Leonid Kravets reports. The patent was issued in November 2007 and describes the use of RFID technology, in tag form or integrated into a mobile phone, to issue rewards to shoppers at the same time that they make a purchase.
- Huawei Pay to launch in the US?
- US iPhone users ‘unlikely’ to use Face ID for payments
- Apple Pay Cash to go live in iOS update ‘this fall’
- HSBC uses face recognition to authenticate payments in China
- Macquarie open banking APIs let customers share transaction data with third parties