Peter Sprogis, a co-founder of NFC pioneer MoLo Rewards, is suing Google for allegedly infringing US Patent No. 7,298,271 with Google Wallet, patent attorney Leonid Kravets reports. The patent was issued in November 2007 and describes the use of RFID technology, in tag form or integrated into a mobile phone, to issue rewards to shoppers at the same time that they make a purchase.
- Mahindra Comviva adds offers and promotions to mobile money platform
- Mastercard adds bar tab feature to Qkr! mobile payments app
- Huawei includes NFC payments in new smartwatch
- China’s central bank tests digital currency for in-store payments
- NXP reveals secure element and NFC solution that speeds transaction times, increases security and supports smaller form factors