Italian bank BNL, part of the BNP Paribas group, has begun an NFC payments pilot in Rome. 150 participants are being issued with Samsung Galaxy S III phones which hold a BNL MasterCard. The trial will run until March 2013 and a commercial launch is planned for 2014.
- Italian rail operator to pilot barrier-free transit ticketing
- XYZ to adopt finger vein payments at co-working cafe
- Manchester reports on open loop contactless ticketing adoption
- EMVCo to support eight-digit Issuer Identification Numbers from 2021
- MTA reports ‘much higher’ than expected Omny contactless transit payments adoption in New York