Italian bank BNL, part of the BNP Paribas group, has begun an NFC payments pilot in Rome. 150 participants are being issued with Samsung Galaxy S III phones which hold a BNL MasterCard. The trial will run until March 2013 and a commercial launch is planned for 2014.
- India to move to contactless driving licences that traffic officers can read with NFC devices
- French bank pilots fingerprint card that removes the contactless transaction limit
- Google includes custom security chip in Pixel 3 smartphones
- ST unveils turnkey payment solution for smartwatches and wearables
- Mastercard to phase out signature panels on bank cards