Italian bank BNL, part of the BNP Paribas group, has begun an NFC payments pilot in Rome. 150 participants are being issued with Samsung Galaxy S III phones which hold a BNL MasterCard. The trial will run until March 2013 and a commercial launch is planned for 2014.
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?
- 768m Chinese used WeChat to send a red packet money gift this New Year
- One in four Europeans ready to make payments with a wearable device
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards