Japanese payment brand JCB has begun a one month trial of a new JCB Mobile Wallet platform in Tokyo’s Omotesando shopping district and says it will launch the product commercially in 2013. The JCB Mobile Wallet handles payments, points programs, discounts and other special offers and is based on a platform developed by Dai Nippon Printing.
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution
- Mastercard launches several new APIs for developers
- Apple makes NFC tag reading available for beta testing
- Sydney man has Opal card implanted into hand to make catching public transport easier
- Beijing subway launches smartphone version of travel card