Japanese payment brand JCB has begun a one month trial of a new JCB Mobile Wallet platform in Tokyo’s Omotesando shopping district and says it will launch the product commercially in 2013. The JCB Mobile Wallet handles payments, points programs, discounts and other special offers and is based on a platform developed by Dai Nippon Printing.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones