Japanese payment brand JCB has begun a one month trial of a new JCB Mobile Wallet platform in Tokyo’s Omotesando shopping district and says it will launch the product commercially in 2013. The JCB Mobile Wallet handles payments, points programs, discounts and other special offers and is based on a platform developed by Dai Nippon Printing.
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations