Transportation and smart card technology specialist Ecebs has been acquired by Bell ID. Ecebs’ portfolio includes a number of front-end technologies that Bell ID expects to be able to use to “significantly enhance its offering to the growing market for smart ticketing/payment using mobile devices”.
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers