“We know that the Philippines has been anticipating mobile payments, having seen other countries like Japan adopt this technology,” the bank’s Noel Tagaza told the newspaper. “We see this as the next ‘big’ step for the banking industry and we at BPI are proud to be the first bank to introduce this service in our country.”
- Snapchat opens empty shop that lets customers buy Lego clothing in AR
- Lloyds Bank to pay retailers to offer cash withdrawals to customers
- Delhi Metro to add biometrics to ticketing gates?
- Banco de Mexico to pilot national mobile payments service
- Apple Pay goes live in Saudi Arabia and Czech Republic