“We know that the Philippines has been anticipating mobile payments, having seen other countries like Japan adopt this technology,” the bank’s Noel Tagaza told the newspaper. “We see this as the next ‘big’ step for the banking industry and we at BPI are proud to be the first bank to introduce this service in our country.”
- Apple Pay goes live in Luxembourg and Hungary
- NFC and contactless transit ticketing to go live in New York City from 31 May
- Privatbank to use customised ‘card avatars’ to drive mobile payments adoption
- Visa reports on contactless payments adoption
- Google Pay to add a rewards platform?