New Delhi-based mobile wallet provider xpWallet has introduced an NFC ticketing solution for bus and train operators that lets commuters purchase tickets from conductors equipped with NFC phones. Travellers can either tell the conductor their destination and tap a contactless travel card or NFC phone to the conductor’s device to buy a ticket, or they can tap the conductor’s phone on both entry and exit so that the closed loop system can calculate and charge the right fare.
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone