New Delhi-based mobile wallet provider xpWallet has introduced an NFC ticketing solution for bus and train operators that lets commuters purchase tickets from conductors equipped with NFC phones. Travellers can either tell the conductor their destination and tap a contactless travel card or NFC phone to the conductor’s device to buy a ticket, or they can tap the conductor’s phone on both entry and exit so that the closed loop system can calculate and charge the right fare.
- Dutch rail operator pilots open loop ticketing service
- Rohm to use ST NFC chips for wireless charging in cars
- Juniper forecasts a billion mobile ticketing users in 2019
- Microsoft to shut down its Microsoft Wallet service
- MTS to roll out open loop ticketing on buses and trains in San Diego