New Delhi-based mobile wallet provider xpWallet has introduced an NFC ticketing solution for bus and train operators that lets commuters purchase tickets from conductors equipped with NFC phones. Travellers can either tell the conductor their destination and tap a contactless travel card or NFC phone to the conductor’s device to buy a ticket, or they can tap the conductor’s phone on both entry and exit so that the closed loop system can calculate and charge the right fare.
- BBVA makes eight APIs available to kickstart open banking program
- Hangzhou buses first to all use mobile pay
- New York forces smart lock maker to improve its security
- Euro Banking Association paper analyses cryptotechnologies in international payments
- Mobile wallet Curve launches ‘time travel’ tool to let you ‘shop in the past’