New Delhi-based mobile wallet provider xpWallet has introduced an NFC ticketing solution for bus and train operators that lets commuters purchase tickets from conductors equipped with NFC phones. Travellers can either tell the conductor their destination and tap a contactless travel card or NFC phone to the conductor’s device to buy a ticket, or they can tap the conductor’s phone on both entry and exit so that the closed loop system can calculate and charge the right fare.
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards
- Researchers aim to print edible RFID tags directly on to food
- Government of Montserrat signs up for digital currency pilot
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia adds support for Samsung Pay