Visa has approved Research In Motion’s Secure Element Manager (SEM), a backend solution for carriers that can securely manage credentials on SIM cards installed in all types of NFC-capable mobile devices. SEM is being used by Canadian carrier joint venture EnStream to manage secure credentials on NFC phones.
- ECB survey finds cash still dominates payments in the euro zone
- Bangkok street food vendors switch to mobile payments
- Starling Bank integrates third party rewards into open banking platform
- Sberbank to build ID platform that supports face, voice and retina biometrics
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users