Oberthur Technologies has announced that its Pearl Secure Element 800k Classic embedded secure element has been certified by MasterCard for Mobile PayPass applications and by Google for Google Wallet. Pearl is already being used in the Google Nexus 4 smartphone and Nexus 10 Android tablet, says Oberthur, and the Google certification means it is now “ready to be integrated into any type of any Android device”.
- NFC World launches Go to Market service for innovative technology suppliers
- Google includes support for FeliCa NFC payments in Pixel 3 smartphones
- Standard Chartered unveils IoT payments platform that automatically triggers a payment when a connected product arrives at a destination
- Commonwealth Bank to test ‘smart money’ that knows what it can be spent on
- Alipay: Hackers have used stolen Apple IDs to lift funds from mobile wallets