Oberthur Technologies has announced that its Pearl Secure Element 800k Classic embedded secure element has been certified by MasterCard for Mobile PayPass applications and by Google for Google Wallet. Pearl is already being used in the Google Nexus 4 smartphone and Nexus 10 Android tablet, says Oberthur, and the Google certification means it is now “ready to be integrated into any type of any Android device”.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash