Fifteen PVR cinemas in India have implemented an NFC payments service that works with BlackBerry 10 phones. The PVR wallet app lets moviegoers pay for both tickets and refreshments via NFC and is provided by NEC India, which has developed a cloud-based payment system called NFC e-Money server.
- NXP powers NFC payments in Sony Wena smart watch strap
- Walmart cancelled in-aisle self-checkout project due to high levels of shopper theft
- Kroger launches payments, offers and rewards app for iOS and Android
- Tesco lets customers use Siri to check their bank balance
- CaixaBank rolls out facial recognition ATMs