Fifteen PVR cinemas in India have implemented an NFC payments service that works with BlackBerry 10 phones. The PVR wallet app lets moviegoers pay for both tickets and refreshments via NFC and is provided by NEC India, which has developed a cloud-based payment system called NFC e-Money server.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones