UAE-based carrier Etisalat has picked up the gong for ‘Best NFC/Mobile Money Product or Service’ at the GSMA’s Global Mobile Awards. Flous is an NFC-based mobile commerce service, unveiled at Gitex in Dubai.
- Shell pilots RFID system that scans all the items in a shopping basket in one go
- Metro Bank lets customers open an account with a selfie
- Dutch banks ING and Rabobank begin QR code payments pilot
- ABN Amro pulls out of Dutch banks’ mobile payment venture
- Commonwealth Bank introduces chatbot that can answer 200 banking and payments questions