S’oul Kafé in the French town of Pau has introduced a service provided by local tag store NFC-Smartags to allow customers with an NFC phone to connect to its WiFi network and access its online menu. NFC tags attached to each table also enable customers to find out about special promotions and deals of the day.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills