Taiwan-based PQI Group has demonstrated an NFC-enabled memory stick at Computex 2013. “Simply plug the thumb drive into a USB port and use an NFC-equipped smart phone in close proximity to engage the encryption mechanism and access files stored on the thumb drive,” says PQI. “Your personal files are safeguarded from prying eyes with the highest level of protection.”
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole
- Contactless collection boxes deliver five-fold increase in donations for London charity