Motorola has launched three Android 4.2 smartphones, all with NFC. The compact Motorola Droid Mini, super-thin Droid Ultra and 48-hour battery equipped Droid Maxx will be available in the US from Verizon from 20 August at US$99, $199 and $299 with a two year contract.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service