Motorola has launched three Android 4.2 smartphones, all with NFC. The compact Motorola Droid Mini, super-thin Droid Ultra and 48-hour battery equipped Droid Maxx will be available in the US from Verizon from 20 August at US$99, $199 and $299 with a two year contract.
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service
- Japanese banks to develop shared customer ID platform
- Nest lets home owners use NFC tags to share access to home security system
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program