Mobile network operator Movistar has partnered with Banco Santander, Samsung, Oberthur Technologies and MasterCard to conduct Chile’s first NFC payments trial. Two hundred people will take part in the pilot, using Samsung Galaxy S III mobile phones running an NFC payments app developed by Movistar and Banco Santander. A commercial launch is planned “before the end of 2013”.
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain
- Harris Poll: PayPal leads mobile payment brands, yet up-and-comers making brand equity gains
- MTN Benin and Youtap launch MoMoPay contactless payments for MTN Benin Mobile Money customers
- Meet NFC World partners at Money20/20 Europe
- Mastercard and Western Union explore digital model for refugee camps