Mobile network operator Movistar has partnered with Banco Santander, Samsung, Oberthur Technologies and MasterCard to conduct Chile’s first NFC payments trial. Two hundred people will take part in the pilot, using Samsung Galaxy S III mobile phones running an NFC payments app developed by Movistar and Banco Santander. A commercial launch is planned “before the end of 2013”.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit