Mobile network operator Movistar has partnered with Banco Santander, Samsung, Oberthur Technologies and MasterCard to conduct Chile’s first NFC payments trial. Two hundred people will take part in the pilot, using Samsung Galaxy S III mobile phones running an NFC payments app developed by Movistar and Banco Santander. A commercial launch is planned “before the end of 2013”.
- A guide to tokenization — The essential enabler for expanding the world of commerce
- Hyundai’s Contactless Car launches at London’s King’s Cross station
- Android Pay enters 11th global market with launch in Russia
- Samsung Pay goes live in Taiwan with seven banks
- Apple Pay violates patents held by security technology inventor, lawsuit alleges