Mobile network operator Movistar has partnered with Banco Santander, Samsung, Oberthur Technologies and MasterCard to conduct Chile’s first NFC payments trial. Two hundred people will take part in the pilot, using Samsung Galaxy S III mobile phones running an NFC payments app developed by Movistar and Banco Santander. A commercial launch is planned “before the end of 2013”.
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone