Mobile network operator Vivo and financial services group Bradesco are to introduce NFC payments in a number of cities in Brazil this year, ahead of a nationwide rollout in 2014. Vivo, part of the Telefonica group, has already made a deal with a TSM provider and is looking to secure partnerships with other banks, Exame reports.
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service
- Japanese banks to develop shared customer ID platform
- Nest lets home owners use NFC tags to share access to home security system
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program