Mobile network operator Vivo and financial services group Bradesco are to introduce NFC payments in a number of cities in Brazil this year, ahead of a nationwide rollout in 2014. Vivo, part of the Telefonica group, has already made a deal with a TSM provider and is looking to secure partnerships with other banks, Exame reports.
- Masterpass QR expands to merchants across Sub-Saharan Africa
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus to support Bluetooth 5
- HSBC and First Direct join Pay by Bank app
- Apple Pay in-store adoption is “growing nicely”
- Apple details Touch ID and PC-to-phone payment security features