Mobile network operator Vivo and financial services group Bradesco are to introduce NFC payments in a number of cities in Brazil this year, ahead of a nationwide rollout in 2014. Vivo, part of the Telefonica group, has already made a deal with a TSM provider and is looking to secure partnerships with other banks, Exame reports.
- EBA issues opinion on strong customer authentication requirements under PSD2
- Eurosmart reports rise in smartphones with embedded secure elements
- Mastercard unveils smart mirror that lets shoppers make payments in the fitting room
- WhatsApp tests mobile payments with one million consumers in India
- Popularity of contactless payments pushes debit cards ahead of cash in the UK