Chinese smartphone maker Hike Mobile has released two NFC smartphones, the X1 and the X1D. Both devices run the company’s custom version of Android 4.2, cost CNY1,999 (US$328) and feature a 5-inch full HD display with 13 megapixel rear camera, a 1.5GHz quad-core processor with 2GB RAM and 32GB of internal storage. The X1D also offers dual SIM support.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes