Chinese smartphone maker Hike Mobile has released two NFC smartphones, the X1 and the X1D. Both devices run the company’s custom version of Android 4.2, cost CNY1,999 (US$328) and feature a 5-inch full HD display with 13 megapixel rear camera, a 1.5GHz quad-core processor with 2GB RAM and 32GB of internal storage. The X1D also offers dual SIM support.
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India