NFC has been used by competitors in the interactive i-Love to Run event, held at Singapore’s Jurong Point Shopping Mall, to retrieve picture clues and pick up game points. The 36 teams tapped their NFC phones to a game marshal’s NFC card upon completion of each of six game stations to get their points. These were then uploaded to a server allowing the organiser to track each team’s score in real-time.
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service
- Charity to roll out contactless donation screens following successful three week pilot
- Google’s mobile payments app has now been installed 100m times
- JCB to pilot biometric payment cards in Japan