Diners at a US bar and restaurant will soon be able to see a range of signature drinks and current specials when tapping their NFC device to tags placed throughout the building. Northeast Social in Minneapolis is using local mobile app developer Appmosphere’s new Reach NFC platform to implement and manage the campaign.
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents
- Card networks to co-develop single buy button for online transactions