Navigation specialist Garmin has produced an in-car cradle with an embedded tag that launches Garmin’s Navigon for Android app when an NFC phone is placed in it. The US$49.99 Universal Smartphone Mount is designed to be fixed to the windscreen or dash and includes a micro USB charger and extra USB port.
- Alipay gets second European e-money license
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe
- Chinese shopping street adopts face recognition payments
- TD Ameritrade leverages Apple Pay to let share buyers use debit cards to instantly fund their brokerage accounts
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging