SmarTone has become the latest Hong Kong carrier to participate in Hang Seng Bank’s NFC mobile payments service. SmarTone subscribers join PCCW Mobile, 1010 and One2Free customers in being able to store their Hang Seng MasterCard on an Android NFC phone and use it to make payments at more than 3,000 Hong Kong merchants.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service