Brazilian mobile network operator Vivo has chosen Gemalto as its trusted service manager (TSM) for its NFC payments service in Brazil. Vivo, part of the Telefonica Group, is also using Gemalto’s UpTeq NFC SIM cards. The service is being introduced in a number of cities this year ahead of a proposed nationwide rollout in 2014.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes