NFC specialist Proxama has raised £8.6m (US$14.11m) by placing 344m shares on the London Stock Exchange. “These additional funds will enable us to address the considerable opportunities that are emerging as the fast growing mobile commerce, NFC smartphone and contactless payments markets reach critical mass globally,” says CEO Neil Garner.
- Reader offer: Get a free ‘POS terminal in a box’ dev kit from STMicroelectronics
- Central bank tightens rules on accepting cards and cash in Chinese stores
- Eight million merchants now accept Paytm QR payments in stores
- Facebook patent sets out how AIs could accept Messenger payments
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends