NFC specialist Proxama has raised £8.6m (US$14.11m) by placing 344m shares on the London Stock Exchange. “These additional funds will enable us to address the considerable opportunities that are emerging as the fast growing mobile commerce, NFC smartphone and contactless payments markets reach critical mass globally,” says CEO Neil Garner.
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones
- Singtel adds Apple Pay to Dash mobile wallet
- Tesco to roll out high value contactless transactions
- Tech firms to explore next gen payment cards that combine fingerprint sensors with digital displays