An app that allows NFC wallet users to share information on the purchases they make as well as recommend promotions and businesses to other users has won the €10,000 (US$13,588) first prize in a hackathon organized by Spain’s CaixaBank. The Foobar team’s app “gives individuals a means of sharing their opinions, while it also includes a gamification system to attract users,” the bank says.
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments
- Mahindra Comviva explores the evolution of digital payments in India
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial