An app that allows NFC wallet users to share information on the purchases they make as well as recommend promotions and businesses to other users has won the €10,000 (US$13,588) first prize in a hackathon organized by Spain’s CaixaBank. The Foobar team’s app “gives individuals a means of sharing their opinions, while it also includes a gamification system to attract users,” the bank says.
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones
- Singtel adds Apple Pay to Dash mobile wallet