Okidokeys has unveiled a range of retro-fit smart door locks at CES 2014 that support NFC, Bluetooth and RFID ‘keys’ as well as parent company OpenWays’ Crypto Acoustic Credential (CAC) technology. The locks work in conjunction with a tag or a mobile app, available for both Android and iOS devices. The new locks will begin shipping in the US in spring 2014 with prices starting at US$179.
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments