Okidokeys has unveiled a range of retro-fit smart door locks at CES 2014 that support NFC, Bluetooth and RFID ‘keys’ as well as parent company OpenWays’ Crypto Acoustic Credential (CAC) technology. The locks work in conjunction with a tag or a mobile app, available for both Android and iOS devices. The new locks will begin shipping in the US in spring 2014 with prices starting at US$179.
- NXP powers NFC payments in Sony Wena smart watch strap
- Walmart cancelled in-aisle self-checkout project due to high levels of shopper theft
- Kroger launches payments, offers and rewards app for iOS and Android
- Tesco lets customers use Siri to check their bank balance
- CaixaBank rolls out facial recognition ATMs