NFC marketing specialist Thinaire has added support for Bluetooth LE to its mobile engagement management platform, enabling brands to communicate with consumers via either NFC or BLE — depending on the capabilities of their mobile device. The introduction of Thinaire Spaces “is based on marketers’ demand for both BLE and NFC to meet their emerging needs across retail, media, product and beyond,” says CMO Patrick Meyer.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’