Printed electronics specialist Thinfilm has entered into a conditional agreement to acquire Kovio’s printed NFC tag technology. Kovio’s NFC Barcodes use silicon ink and thin film technology and hold the promise of ultra low cost tags that can be directly printed onto product labels, coupons and packaging.
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards
- Researchers aim to print edible RFID tags directly on to food
- Government of Montserrat signs up for digital currency pilot
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia adds support for Samsung Pay