Printed electronics specialist Thinfilm has entered into a conditional agreement to acquire Kovio’s printed NFC tag technology. Kovio’s NFC Barcodes use silicon ink and thin film technology and hold the promise of ultra low cost tags that can be directly printed onto product labels, coupons and packaging.
- Spanish winemaker uses NFC in major promotional campaign
- AIB celebrates Apple Pay launch with €0.01 ice cream cones
- How facial recognition could replace train tickets
- Convenience store Cheers opens first unmanned, cashless outlet
- Visa chasing Indian payments market as mobile money gains traction