Passengers using public transport services in Poland’s second city will soon be able to buy their tickets using NFC as a result of a programme developed by Krakow’s public transport commission, mobile services provider SkyCash Poland and carrier Orange. Using the SkyCash app, consumers will be able to search for and buy tickets and redeem them with a tap of their NFC phone or by scanning a QR code.
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe
- Chinese shopping street adopts face recognition payments
- TD Ameritrade leverages Apple Pay to let share buyers use debit cards to instantly fund their brokerage accounts
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service